It seems that in addition to 17+ bishops at the Camp Allen "Windsor BIshops" meeting, Canon Gregory Cameron from the Archbishop of Canterbury's staff has been in attendance.
The Camp Allen meeting was held yesterday and today (Friday August 10) . Bishops attending are understood to include bishops Love of Albany, Howe of Central Florida, Stanton of Dallas, Jacobus of Fond du Lac, Iker of Fort Worth, Jenkins of Louisiana, Brookhart of Montana, Smith of North Dakota, Duncan of Pittsburgh, Wolf of Rhode Island, Salmon of South Carolina, Beckwith of Springfield, Bauerschmidt of Tennessee, Wimberly of Texas, Adams of Western Kansas, MacPherson of Western Louisiana and Lillibridge of West Texas. (This is from the Stand Firm website. Highlighted names are Network Bishops.) Seven of the seventeen or so present are bishops of Network diocese.
The bishops meeting at Camp Allen will likely support the meeting of the Archbishop with the House of Bishops in September, although it is known that the core Network bishops do not hold much hope for that meeting. (Bishop Duncan said this to his Network Meeting, "In order not to abandon the wider coalition in its one last stand, the Network Bishops have agreed to take part in the upcoming meeting with the Archbishop of Canterbury and members of the Primates Steering Committee and Anglican Consultative Council. We do so, some of us at least, without any implied recognition of or submission to the American primate, without any diminishment of our appeal for Alternative Primatial Oversight, and without any expectation that the Episcopal House of Bishops will turn from the course so unequivocally embraced at their March meeting.")
I gather that the bishops meeting at Camp Allen want greater clarity from the Archbishop concerning what they view as the crisis in the Communion brought about by The Episcopal Church. At the center of this matter of clarity continues to be the issue of invitations to Lambeth. They will likely demand that the deadline of September 30th be quickly followed by a response from the Archbishop in which he will withdraw Lambeth invitations to those of the US bishops who do not comply with the primates requests from Dar Es Salaam. It is thought that they will consider it catastrophic if the deadline is ignored.It would appear then that the sacred date of September 30, 2007 becomes more and more a marker around which, for the moment, the "crisis" will form – the bishops from Sydney Australia want the need to reply to invitations pushed back later than September 30th, and the Windsor Bishops want the date held as a time certain for "compliance" by American bishops. The press is on for House of Bishops to step back from their understandings of last March and step forward into actions that can only be consummated by radically changing the way The Episcopal Church makes decisions.
It is of perhaps some comfort to know that there is considerable distance between what is thought to be catastrophic and what is.
All I can say to the House of Bishops is hold the line!