10/09/2006

Friends

Sometime early this morning (October 9th) PRELUDIUM had its 100,000th visitor. I am quite amazed and thankful.

I began blogging on this site last February (2005) as a way for me to get my thoughts “down on (electronic) paper.” As the banner statement says, the blog was to find in these days, “a prelude to what is to come. In the Anglican Communion and the Episcopal Church there are signs of the emergence of a new progressive vocation within Christianity. The new sounds and words to envision such a possibility are still being formed.” My hopes were that “these notes, poems, essays, observations and links are my efforts to add to the voices that seek to address this envisioning.”


A lot has happened. Thanks for visiting, posting comments, arguing with me, agreeing with me (always good to hear) and generally making this blogging thing part of my own vocation.

More tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Blessings on this "Blogging Milestone" -- long may you hold forth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, Mark.
    Keep at it.
    Writing of the quality found on your blog is worthy of an even bigger readership.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! A hundred thousand! I know it is because your voice is one of measured calm, fair and reasonable, and I feel that I can trust you to honestly present your case.

    ReplyDelete

OK... Comments, gripes, etc welcomed, but with some cautions and one rule:
Cautions: Calling people fools, idiots, etc, will be reason to bounce your comment. Keeping in mind that in the struggles it is difficult enough to try to respect opponents, we should at least try.

Rule: PLEASE DO NOT SIGN OFF AS ANONYMOUS: BEGIN OR END THE MESSAGE WITH A NAME - ANY NAME. ANONYMOUS commentary will be cut.