4/03/2007

Holy Week relief

Holy Week is under way and things will perhaps calm down in blogland.
I wish you all a Holy passage through these days and the renewal of faith. I'm hoping the same. My brother once wrote, "pray for my soul, as I'm hoping to get one for Christmas." His prayer applies to Easter and to me as well.

On the way to a renewed life and soul a bit of wonderful silliness is always in order. Here it is: A reminder of all the times I wished I could sing out loud the alternative verses! The video is by
AdamBuxton.





Here are the original words:

Blessèd city, heavenly Salem,
Vision dear of peace and love,
Who of living stones are builded
Art the joy of Heav'n above,
And, with angel cohorts circled,
As a bride to earth dost move.

From celestial realms descending,
Bridal glory round her shed,
To his presence, decked with jewels,
By her Lord shall she be led;
All her streets, and all her bulwarks,
Of pure gold are fashionèd."

There is wonder in these words! - both ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment

OK... Comments, gripes, etc welcomed, but with some cautions and one rule:
Cautions: Calling people fools, idiots, etc, will be reason to bounce your comment. Keeping in mind that in the struggles it is difficult enough to try to respect opponents, we should at least try.

Rule: PLEASE DO NOT SIGN OFF AS ANONYMOUS: BEGIN OR END THE MESSAGE WITH A NAME - ANY NAME. ANONYMOUS commentary will be cut.