3/03/2010

Mercy Now, Requiem and Gabriel....

Its been a hard week, and I am digging deeper and deeper into the hidden One behind all gods, including the warped gods of this and that batch of Christians, and two wonderful songs keep coming back to haunt.

Mercy Now by Mary Gauthier.





And Requiem by Eliza Gilkyson. Her voice is such a comfort, thinking about Haiti and Chile. And the lyrics are a perfect piece for worship.




And then I ran into this amazing version of Ennio Morricone's Gabriel's Oboe by Bion Tsang with Conspirare.

Its OK. All is well and all will be well.

4 comments:

  1. Mark, I don't know if your intention was to move me to tears, but that's what you did, my friend. All three videos are lovely. I do love the sound of the oboe. My daughter once played, but she gave it up, more's the pity, because she was good.

    And I've shed a tear or two in thanksgiving for the marvelous community (what else would you call it?) of love and support that we have formed on the intertubes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last two are always ones that bring me to tears... for different reasons. You are right in bringing up the Gilkyson piece for Haiti and Chile... Gabriel's oboe speaks to beauty midst oppression. These two pieces are part of an iTunes playlist... one I don't hit too often because it is too sad sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Mark.

    But it's ConspirARe.

    They're friends of mine.

    Craig's done a nice arrangement of Eliza Gilkyson's "Requiem" suitable for any church with a piano and a choir.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sitting here crying, Mark, and I see at least two other commentators are ahead of me.

    Thanks, I needed that!

    Tom Kerr

    ReplyDelete

OK... Comments, gripes, etc welcomed, but with some cautions and one rule:
Cautions: Calling people fools, idiots, etc, will be reason to bounce your comment. Keeping in mind that in the struggles it is difficult enough to try to respect opponents, we should at least try.

Rule: PLEASE DO NOT SIGN OFF AS ANONYMOUS: BEGIN OR END THE MESSAGE WITH A NAME - ANY NAME. ANONYMOUS commentary will be cut.