10/19/2013

Sermon on Luke 18:1-8: Don't Lose Heart

I keep old sermons somewhere on disk. Some of those disks no longer have readers - remember floppies? Some are on old floppies. Some are on those little disks in cases. Some are in various document files on backup drives. But never mind, I never go back and look at what I wrote. Every time I have to preach, is it from scratch. 

But of course I go on the net to see what is out there.  Well, it finally caught up with me.  In 2001 I wrote a piece for The Christian Century on Luke 18:1-8, the Gospel for tomorrow.  Wandering around this afternoon I found it.  Reads pretty well after all these  years. 

For the moment I do not lose heart. Old stuff shows up when I need it.

Take a look: HERE, and Do Not Lose Heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

OK... Comments, gripes, etc welcomed, but with some cautions and one rule:
Cautions: Calling people fools, idiots, etc, will be reason to bounce your comment. Keeping in mind that in the struggles it is difficult enough to try to respect opponents, we should at least try.

Rule: PLEASE DO NOT SIGN OFF AS ANONYMOUS: BEGIN OR END THE MESSAGE WITH A NAME - ANY NAME. ANONYMOUS commentary will be cut.