12/10/2013

Continuing Advent Prayers

Last week I noted a fine set of prayers of the people for Advent I, written by Chris Brennan Lee.  Well, she's at it again. This time for Advent II.  I am sorry not to have gotten them out in time for the actual Sunday, but I am hoping that by now those of you interested will link directly to Chris' blog to get these prayers in a more timely fashion. 

However, all is not lost. The prayers are quite elegant and useful for meditation and prayer during the week, so go take a look at them HERE. 

As you might surmise, here at Preludium my preoccupations have turned to other matters, mostly printmaking. I'm beginning to make notes for a series of relief prints building on the imagery of the Revelation of John the Divine.  While I am keeping up with Anglican / Episcopal matters, my heart is not particularly warmed or stirred by current doings.  It will be, I am sure, but not just now.

But listening to some wonderful Advent music yesterday at St. Peter's, Lewes, and to Paul Winter tonight while working on a block print, and thinking about church life, I particularly latched onto this prayer from Chris' People's Prayers:

"~ O Timeless God of Wonder, enfold and guide those who lead Your Church as they walk us forward into ever-changing tides and times.  Help us, Your People and Leader(s) of (add your parish/congregation/diocese/province name here), walk together through the thinning fog towards the coming Light.

Prepare us, LORD, for the coming of Your Glory."


I am more aware than I often am of the fog, thinning and otherwise, and so aware also of the great hope I have for light.

Come Lord Jesus. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

OK... Comments, gripes, etc welcomed, but with some cautions and one rule:
Cautions: Calling people fools, idiots, etc, will be reason to bounce your comment. Keeping in mind that in the struggles it is difficult enough to try to respect opponents, we should at least try.

Rule: PLEASE DO NOT SIGN OFF AS ANONYMOUS: BEGIN OR END THE MESSAGE WITH A NAME - ANY NAME. ANONYMOUS commentary will be cut.